suEXEC documentation lacking? No mention of mod_suexec

suEXEC documentation lacking? No mention of mod_suexec

Mark H. Wood

Re: suEXEC documentation lacking? No mention of mod_suexec

Joshua Slive
On 4/26/05, Mark H. Wood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am I missing something, or is there no mention whatsoever of mod_suexec in
> either "Suexec Execution for CGI" or "CGI: Dynamic Content"?  I spent some
> considerable time staring at a setup that seemed correct but never logged
> the "suEXEC mechanism enabled" message, until I recalled seeing a
> mod_suexec somewhere.  I added a LoadModule directive for it and now it's
> logging that it found suexec2.
>
> Shouldn't both of those manual entries say something to the effect that
> "you should ensure that mod_suexec is loaded"?
>
> This is on Apache httpd 2.0.52 from the latest Gentoo ebuild.

Yes, mod_suexec should be mentioned more explicitly.

But it does mention the need to compile with --enable-suexec, which
should get you mod_suexec.  And it does talk about the SuexecUserGroup
directive, which is provided by mod_suexec.

Joshua.