special configuration on forum based site

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

special configuration on forum based site

JM-8
hi,

        i know i have to consider a lot of things to speed up replies but in the area
of apache is there a configuration i should be more focused on?

tia,

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: special configuration on forum based site

Craig Dunigan
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Jerome Macaranas wrote:

> hi,
>
> i know i have to consider a lot of things to speed up replies but in the area
> of apache is there a configuration i should be more focused on?
>
> tia,
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>    "   from the digest: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

Yes.  Whatever configuration you're having trouble with.  ;-)

--
Craig Dunigan
IS Technical Services Specialist (I don't know what it means, either)
Middleware - Enterprise Info Systems - Department of Info Technology
University of Wisconsin, Madison

opinions expressed are my own, not the University's


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: special configuration on forum based site

JM-8
can anyone here post their apache config.. for v1.3 a config that hosts a very
busy forum site..  

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 22:12, Craig Dunigan wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Jerome Macaranas wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i know i have to consider a lot of things to speed up replies but in the
> > area of apache is there a configuration i should be more focused on?
> >
> > tia,
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server
> > Project. See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >    "   from the digest: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
> Yes.  Whatever configuration you're having trouble with.  ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: special configuration on forum based site

Dan-96
Jerome Macaranas wrote:

> can anyone here post their apache config.. for v1.3 a config that hosts a very
> busy forum site..  
>
> On Wednesday 27 April 2005 22:12, Craig Dunigan wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Jerome Macaranas wrote:
>>
>>>hi,
>>>
>>> i know i have to consider a lot of things to speed up replies but in the
>>>area of apache is there a configuration i should be more focused on?
>>>
>>>tia,
>>>

Please bottom-post.

I don't know how someone posting their Apache configuration file will
help your situation.

What kind of problems are you running into?

Which forum are you using?

What is the load on the server?

Does this forum have a SQL backend?

Could it be possible that this SQL backend is under lots of load?

Please, elaborate on your situation.

Thanks
-dant

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: special configuration on forum based site

Craig Dunigan
In reply to this post by JM-8
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Jerome Macaranas wrote:

> can anyone here post their apache config.. for v1.3 a config that hosts a very
> busy forum site..  
>
> On Wednesday 27 April 2005 22:12, Craig Dunigan wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Jerome Macaranas wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > i know i have to consider a lot of things to speed up replies but in the
> > > area of apache is there a configuration i should be more focused on?
> > >
> > > tia,
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server
> > > Project. See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >    "   from the digest: [hidden email]
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> > Yes.  Whatever configuration you're having trouble with.  ;-)
>

Yes, you may post _some_ of your config, if that's what you're asking.  
Please post only the relevant portion of your config, not the whole thing.  

What I was trying to say gently before is that we can't tell you how to
fix a problem that we know nothing about. Lacking more info, my facetious
advice was sound, albeit useless.  :)

--
Craig


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]