slotmem error still occuring after updating to Apache 2.4.43 APR 1.7.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

slotmem error still occuring after updating to Apache 2.4.43 APR 1.7.0

Wendell Hatcher
Hello, I updated to the latest version of the APR and Apache but I am still seeing the following slotmem error.  We run multiple apache services on a single box as well. 

 error.2020.08.26:[Wed Aug 26 09:37:42.188705 2020] [slotmem_shm:error] [pid 125624:tid 140664905795392] (17)File exists: AH02611: create: apr_shm_create(lotmem-shm-p7bed9088_s4taskcxml_c3_0.shm) failed  

Server version: Apache/2.4.43 (Unix)
Server built:   Aug 11 2020 20:42:25
Server's Module Magic Number: 20120211:92
Server loaded:  APR 1.7.0, APR-UTIL 1.6.1
Compiled using: APR 1.7.0, APR-UTIL 1.6.1
Architecture:   64-bit
Server MPM:     worker
  threaded:     yes (fixed thread count)
    forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=256
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
'
.kernel.sem = 500       32000   200     256


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: slotmem error still occuring after updating to Apache 2.4.43 APR 1.7.0

Nick Kew-3
On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 16:34:00 -0400
Wendell Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I updated to the latest version of the APR and Apache but I am
> still seeing the following slotmem error.

Still seeing, as in a problem that you had both before and after
the update?

>   We run multiple apache
> services on a single box as well.

Multiple instances of the server, all in the same filesystem?

>  error.2020.08.26:[Wed Aug 26 09:37:42.188705 2020]
> [slotmem_shm:error] [pid 125624:tid 140664905795392] (17)File exists:
> AH02611: create:

That would most usually happen if a process doesn't shut down cleanly,
and so fails to clean up filesystem entries (e.g. a crash or kill).
But your "multiple services" comment leads me to wonder if you have
two or more instances in conflict.

> apr_shm_create(lotmem-shm-p7bed9088_s4taskcxml_c3_0.shm) failed

Is that a literal transcription?  I'm looking at the apparent
argument there!

--
Nick Kew

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: slotmem error still occuring after updating to Apache 2.4.43 APR 1.7.0

Wendell Hatcher
>
> Still seeing, as in a problem that you had both before and after
> the update? Yes both before the update and after. This was during a shutdown. Why is it occurring during a bad shutdown? Yes, we have multiple instances running?

Wendell

> On Aug 26, 2020, at 6:14 PM, Nick Kew <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 16:34:00 -0400
> Wendell Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I updated to the latest version of the APR and Apache but I am
>> still seeing the following slotmem error.
>
> Still seeing, as in a problem that you had both before and after
> the update? Yes both before the update and after. This was during a shutdown. Why is it occurring during a bad shutdown? Yes, we have multiple instances running?
>
>>  We run multiple apache
>> services on a single box as well.
>
> Multiple instances of the server, all in the same filesystem?
>
>> error.2020.08.26:[Wed Aug 26 09:37:42.188705 2020]
>> [slotmem_shm:error] [pid 125624:tid 140664905795392] (17)File exists:
>> AH02611: create:
>
> That would most usually happen if a process doesn't shut down cleanly,
> and so fails to clean up filesystem entries (e.g. a crash or kill).
> But your "multiple services" comment leads me to wonder if you have
> two or more instances in conflict.
>
>> apr_shm_create(lotmem-shm-p7bed9088_s4taskcxml_c3_0.shm) failed
>
> Is that a literal transcription?  I'm looking at the apparent
> argument there!
>
> --
> Nick Kew
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]