'require' directive result

Andrei Ivanov
Hi,
Now that I've managed to configure my 'require' directive, I have a requirement to log some details to syslog in case the request is not authorized.

<Location />
      Require expr "<some expression>"
      // if expression is false, log details about the request and maybe the SSL certificate to syslog
</Location>

I've searched around, but I can't find how I could do that.

Please help.

Thank you

Thank you

Re: 'require' directive result

Marat Khalili

My 2.4.18 already logs AH01797 (client denied by server configuration) to a configured ErrorLog in this case. I don't use syslog myself so I cannot help you with this part, but quick google search shows it is possible in various ways.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili

On 20/06/17 11:42, Andrei Ivanov wrote:
Anybody? Can this be done in some way?

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 4:23 PM, Andrei Ivanov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Now that I've managed to configure my 'require' directive, I have a requirement to log some details to syslog in case the request is not authorized.

<Location />
      Require expr "<some expression>"
      // if expression is false, log details about the request and maybe the SSL certificate to syslog
</Location>

I've searched around, but I can't find how I could do that.

Please help.

Thank you

Re: 'require' directive result

Luca Toscano
Hi Andrei,

Now that I've managed to configure my 'require' directive, I have a requirement to log some details to syslog in case the request is not authorized.

<Location />
      Require expr "<some expression>"
      // if expression is false, log details about the request and maybe the SSL certificate to syslog
</Location>

I've searched around, but I can't find how I could do that.

sorry for what might be trivial, but have you tried <If expr> etc..</If> ?

Luca

Re: 'require' directive result

Andrei Ivanov
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Luca Toscano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andrei,

Now that I've managed to configure my 'require' directive, I have a requirement to log some details to syslog in case the request is not authorized.

<Location />
      Require expr "<some expression>"
      // if expression is false, log details about the request and maybe the SSL certificate to syslog
</Location>

I've searched around, but I can't find how I could do that.

sorry for what might be trivial, but have you tried <If expr> etc..</If> ?

Luca

Aaah, you got me thinking...
I'll try Tomorrow with SetEnvIfExpr and CustomLog :)

Thank you