mod_ssl Help

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

mod_ssl Help

Efren Bravo
Hi,
 
I have downloaded the binary files of apache 2.0.53 and mod_ssl 2.8.22 but in the page of mod_ssl says that it's for apache 1.3.33 besides the mod_ssl 1.3.33 doesn't have any binary file. Please help me with them. How can I join them?
 
Thanks..
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mod_ssl Help

Dan-96
Efren Bravo wrote:
> Hi,
>  
> I have downloaded the binary files of apache 2.0.53 and mod_ssl 2.8.22
> but in the page of mod_ssl says that it's for apache 1.3.33 besides the
> mod_ssl 1.3.33 doesn't have any binary file. Please help me with them.
> How can I join them?
>  
> Thanks..

Which OS is apache running on?  Have you taken a look at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/?

Thanks
-dant

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mod_ssl Help

Efren Bravo
My Apache is running on WinXP and I've saw the
url(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/) many times but it doesn't
explains anything or at least I can't understand it.


----- Original Message -----
From: "dan" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_ssl Help


> Efren Bravo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have downloaded the binary files of apache 2.0.53 and mod_ssl 2.8.22
> > but in the page of mod_ssl says that it's for apache 1.3.33 besides the
> > mod_ssl 1.3.33 doesn't have any binary file. Please help me with them.
> > How can I join them?
> >
> > Thanks..
>
> Which OS is apache running on?  Have you taken a look at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/?
>
> Thanks
> -dant
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>    "   from the digest: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

file size limit

Richard Correia
In reply to this post by Dan-96
Hi Joshua,

My machine details:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1, 2.1Ghz, 2GB DDR and Apache/1.3.27(compiled for
2048 Childs)

My error log is showing following entry.

[Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4338 exit signal File size
limit exceeded (25)
[Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4337 exit signal File size
limit exceeded (25)
[Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4336 exit signal File size
limit exceeded (25)
[Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4335 exit signal File size
limit exceeded (25)
[Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4334 exit signal File size
limit exceeded (25)
[Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4333 exit signal File size
limit exceeded (25)
[Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4332 exit signal File size
limit exceeded (25)

Can you please let me know what above log entries means?

Thanks
Richard


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: file size limit

Dan-96
Richard Correia wrote:

> Hi Joshua,
>
> My machine details:
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1, 2.1Ghz, 2GB DDR and Apache/1.3.27(compiled for
> 2048 Childs)
>
> My error log is showing following entry.
>
> [Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4338 exit signal File size
> limit exceeded (25)
> [Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4337 exit signal File size
> limit exceeded (25)
> [Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4336 exit signal File size
> limit exceeded (25)
> [Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4335 exit signal File size
> limit exceeded (25)
> [Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4334 exit signal File size
> limit exceeded (25)
> [Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4333 exit signal File size
> limit exceeded (25)
> [Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4332 exit signal File size
> limit exceeded (25)
>
> Can you please let me know what above log entries means?
>
> Thanks
> Richard
>

I believe this is in reference to an error log or access log.  Give them
a once-over, and check their file sizes.

Thanks
-dant

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: mod_ssl Help

Dan-96
In reply to this post by Efren Bravo
Efren Bravo wrote:

> My Apache is running on WinXP and I've saw the
> url(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/) many times but it doesn't
> explains anything or at least I can't understand it.
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "dan" <[hidden email]>
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:38 PM
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_ssl Help
>
>
>
>>Efren Bravo wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have downloaded the binary files of apache 2.0.53 and mod_ssl 2.8.22
>>>but in the page of mod_ssl says that it's for apache 1.3.33 besides the
>>>mod_ssl 1.3.33 doesn't have any binary file. Please help me with them.
>>>How can I join them?
>>>
>>>Thanks..
>>
>>Which OS is apache running on?  Have you taken a look at
>>http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/?
>>
>>Thanks
>>-dant
>>

Please bottom-post.

Can you explain the problem in detail, including which steps you're
taking to get mod_ssl running, and so on?

If I remember correctly, isn't mod_ssl included in Windows Apache
distributions?

Thanks
-dant



---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: mod_ssl Help

Graves, Kevin
In reply to this post by Efren Bravo

-----Original Message-----
From: dan [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 3:11 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_ssl Help

Efren Bravo wrote:

> My Apache is running on WinXP and I've saw the
> url(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/) many times but it doesn't
> explains anything or at least I can't understand it.
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "dan" <[hidden email]>
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:38 PM
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] mod_ssl Help
>
>
>
>>Efren Bravo wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have downloaded the binary files of apache 2.0.53 and mod_ssl
2.8.22
>>>but in the page of mod_ssl says that it's for apache 1.3.33 besides
the
>>>mod_ssl 1.3.33 doesn't have any binary file. Please help me with
them.

>>>How can I join them?
>>>
>>>Thanks..
>>
>>Which OS is apache running on?  Have you taken a look at
>>http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/?
>>
>>Thanks
>>-dant
>>

Please bottom-post.

Can you explain the problem in detail, including which steps you're
taking to get mod_ssl running, and so on?

If I remember correctly, isn't mod_ssl included in Windows Apache
distributions?

Thanks
-dant

Hi,

I'm currently working on getting apache 2.0.54 running with SSL on
windows as well. As far as I know mod_ssl isn't included in the windows
apache distribution, it has to be recompiled with ssl.

I haven't gotten anything working yet, but these links have helped me.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html

http://www.devside.net/web/server/windows/apache-ssl-deflate


There are also pre-compiled binaries that people have shared like,

http://hunter.campbus.com/

Thanks,
Kevin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the author immediately by replying to this message and delete the original message. Thank you.




---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: mod_ssl Help

Boyle Owen
In reply to this post by Efren Bravo
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Graves, Kevin [mailto:[hidden email]]
>
> I'm currently working on getting apache 2.0.54 running with SSL on
> windows as well. As far as I know mod_ssl isn't included in
> the windows
> apache distribution, it has to be recompiled with ssl.

In the unix world, "installing" usually means compiling yourself from source. The mod_ssl that you get from www.modssl.org is a third-party module for apache 1.3 only. Apache 2 comes with mod_ssl as an extension module (so you just "enable" it when compiling).

On windows, "installing" means copying a pre-compiled binary to your disk. You rarely compile anything on the PC. With apache, the binary does not contain mod_ssl (SSL support is highly specialised). If you need it, you have to do a *real* compilation under windows...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle
Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored.


>
> I haven't gotten anything working yet, but these links have
> helped me.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html
>
> http://www.devside.net/web/server/windows/apache-ssl-deflate
>
>
> There are also pre-compiled binaries that people have shared like,
>
> http://hunter.campbus.com/
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this
> message is legally privileged and confidential information
> intended for the use of the individual or entity named above.
> If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
> or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release,
> dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
> is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication in error, please notify the author immediately
> by replying to this message and delete the original message.
> Thank you.
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP
> Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>    "   from the digest: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.
 
 
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: file size limit

Joe Orton
In reply to this post by Dan-96
On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 02:27:35AM +0530, Richard Correia wrote:

> Hi Joshua,
>
> My machine details:
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1, 2.1Ghz, 2GB DDR and Apache/1.3.27(compiled for
> 2048 Childs)
>
> My error log is showing following entry.
>
> [Tue Apr 26 01:37:10 2005] [notice] child pid 4338 exit signal File size
> limit exceeded (25)

Typically this is because your access_log has exceeded 2Gb in size -
either upgrade to 2.0, which doesn't have this problem on Linux, or
rotate your logs more often!

joe


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
   "   from the digest: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]