Your project's website

Andrew Wetmore
Hi:

I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As you know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move their websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.

There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki page [2] on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to helping projects with this transition.

Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if so, who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the migration.

Thank you!

[1] https://infra.apache.org/project-site.html

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrate+your+project+website+from+the+Apache+CMS

--
Andrew Wetmore
Technical Writer-Editor

Re: Your project's website

Daniel Gruno-2
On 05/08/2020 14.17, Andrew Wetmore wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your
> project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As you
> know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move
> their websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.
>
> There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this
> page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki page
> [2] on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to
> helping projects with this transition.
>
> Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if
> so, who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the migration.
>
> Thank you!

We do use it, and it *should* be trivial for us to switch to something
like pelican instead, for the main site (docs are another thing
entirely). While I'll be happy to assist with that, I don't want to put
on too many hats here, so if someone would volunteer to be the liaison,
that would be wonderful.

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: Your project's website

Andrew Wetmore
Hi:

Any progress finding someone to handle the site migration? Initial steps include:

- deciding what technology to move to, either Pelican, Hugo, GitHub Pages or some other static site generator
- recording a formal PMC decision to make the move
- opening a Jira ticket for INFRA to help us track what we need to do to facilitate the move.

Thanks!

Andrew