URL question

Robert Moskowitz
I have a web site accessible by:  www.foo.com/bar.html

But users that use: www.foo.com/bar

get a directory content of the files in directory bar.

What do I need to add so that those that use the shortcut of leaving off
.html still get the full web site.

thanks

Re: URL question

Stephen-2
Try changing the filename from bar.html to index.html

Stephen
www.roissy.ca

On 2019-05-26 8:59 a.m., Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> I have a web site accessible by:  www.foo.com/bar.html
>
> But users that use: www.foo.com/bar
>
> get a directory content of the files in directory bar.
>
> What do I need to add so that those that use the shortcut of leaving
> off .html still get the full web site.
>
> thanks

Re: URL question

Robert Moskowitz
Thanks.  I should have seen that.  Been too long...

On 5/26/19 9:37 AM, Stephen wrote:

> Try changing the filename from bar.html to index.html
>
> Stephen
> www.roissy.ca
>
> On 2019-05-26 8:59 a.m., Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I have a web site accessible by: www.foo.com/bar.html
>>
>> But users that use: www.foo.com/bar
>>
>> get a directory content of the files in directory bar.
>>
>> What do I need to add so that those that use the shortcut of leaving
>> off .html still get the full web site.
>>
>> thanks

Re: URL question

Ruben Safir
On 5/26/19 9:37 AM, Stephen wrote:
> Try changing the filename from bar.html to index.html
>
> Stephen
> www.roissy.ca

you can actually filter with a regex to bar to bar.html or redictect it
within the apache config file.

you can also turn off directory access.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software