Trunk warnings win64 1-sept-2020

Steffen Land

Trunk  revision 1881351 date 1 sept 2020

New layout list, more readable now.

01 sept 2020  405 some solved already by jailletc36
14 May 2020  416

Steffen

Re: Trunk warnings win64 1-sept-2020

Christophe JAILLET
Le 01/09/2020 à 16:30, Steffen Land a écrit :

> Trunk  revision 1881351 date 1 sept 2020
>

> New layout list, more readable now.
>
> 01 sept 2020  405 some solved already by jailletc36
> 14 May 2020  416
>
> Steffen

Hi Steffen,

I've looked more closely at the generated warnings.
Most of them are just noise. Some are false positive.

I've not spotted any real issue up to now.
The most interesting one so far has been fixed in r1881311.

I'll try to fix some of them but it is unlikely that I can fix all of
them. Fixing them would require is many cases to add some casting. I'm
not a big fan of having casting everywhere only to please a given
compiler, when there is no real issue.

As I don't compile on Windows, I "blindly" fix things. Then I test with
gcc. So, should we try to fix many things, I would need someone to
refresh the list from time to time and check if a "fix" dos not
introduce a new warning.

Finally, any patch to help in the task is appreciated ;-)

CJ

Re: Trunk warnings win64 2-sept-2020

Steffen Land

Trunk revision 1881390

02 sept 2020 404
01 sept 2020 405

On Tuesday 01/09/2020 at 16:30, Steffen Land  wrote:

> Trunk  revision 1881351 date 1 sept 2020
>

> New layout list, more readable now.
>
> 01 sept 2020  405 some solved already by jailletc36
> 14 May 2020  416
>
> Steffen

Trunk-Win64-1Sept2020.txt (60K) Download Attachment
Trunk-win64-2sept2020.txt (60K) Download Attachment

Re: Trunk warnings win64 1-sept-2020

Joe Orton
On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 09:57:41PM +0200, Christophe JAILLET wrote:
> I'll try to fix some of them but it is unlikely that I can fix all of them.
> Fixing them would require is many cases to add some casting. I'm not a big
> fan of having casting everywhere only to please a given compiler, when there
> is no real issue.
>
> As I don't compile on Windows, I "blindly" fix things. Then I test with gcc.
> So, should we try to fix many things, I would need someone to refresh the
> list from time to time and check if a "fix" dos not introduce a new warning.

I suspect you can see many of the same integer conversion warnings if
you use gcc -Wconversion but mostly these things are not worth spending
time on since the behaviour is well-defined in C (I think).

It might be better to work out how to have the MSVC compiler suppress
this specific warning and get it warning-free otherwise, IMO.

Regards, Joe