Travis CI failures

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Travis CI failures

Luca Toscano
Hi everybody,

Travis seems not able to deliver emails to dev@, I opened a jira to
Infra: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19508

I noticed some errors during the last builds, not code-related but
CI-related: (https://travis-ci.org/apache/httpd/builds)

1)
----------------------------------------
+svn export -q https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/test/framework/trunk
test/perl-framework
svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions
The command "./test/travis_before_${TRAVIS_OS_NAME}.sh" failed and
exited with 1 during .
----------------------------------------

I can repro the problem on my laptop as well, and if I remove the -q I can see:

----------------------------------------
[..]
A    test/perl-framework/build/config.pl
A    test/perl-framework/scripts/fpm.sh
A    test/perl-framework/LICENSE

Fetching external item into 'test/perl-framework/Apache-Test':
svn: warning: W170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/Apache-Test/trunk'

Exported revision 1870670.
svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions
----------------------------------------

Checking out the Apache-Test/trunk repo directly works, really strange..

2)
----------------------------------------
++svn info --show-item last-changed-revision
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x'
svn: E000111: Error running context: Connection refused

+local revision=
+test -f /home/travis/root/apr-1.7.x/.revision-is-
+rm -rf /home/travis/root/apr-1.7.x
+test -d /home/travis/root/apr-1.7.x

+svn export -q -r
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x
/home/travis/build/apr-1.7.x
svn: E205000: Syntax error in revision argument
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x'
The command "./test/travis_before_${TRAVIS_OS_NAME}.sh" failed and
exited with 1 during .
----------------------------------------

This one seems more a temporary connectivity issue, so I am wondering
if we should add a basic and limited retry/backoff logic in CI to make
the external fetch operations more resilient to network glitches.

Joe any opinion?

Luca
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Travis CI failures

Joe Orton
On Sun, Dec 01, 2019 at 12:05:15PM +0100, Luca Toscano wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Travis seems not able to deliver emails to dev@, I opened a jira to
> Infra: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19508

Thanks!

> +svn export -q -r
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x
> /home/travis/build/apr-1.7.x
> svn: E205000: Syntax error in revision argument
> 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x'
> The command "./test/travis_before_${TRAVIS_OS_NAME}.sh" failed and
> exited with 1 during .
> ----------------------------------------
>
> This one seems more a temporary connectivity issue, so I am wondering
> if we should add a basic and limited retry/backoff logic in CI to make
> the external fetch operations more resilient to network glitches.

Looks like a brief outage yesterday -

https://status.apache.org/incidents/nbl2fw5f63fx

Yeah, I think it's good idea to retry that svn export a few times, I
think I have seen it fail with some network error before.  I'd also
considered caching the perl-framework checkout but would then need to
duplicate the latest-revision checking stuff.

Regards, Joe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Travis CI failures

Luca Toscano
In reply to this post by Luca Toscano
Il giorno dom 1 dic 2019 alle ore 12:05 Luca Toscano
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Travis seems not able to deliver emails to dev@, I opened a jira to
> Infra: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19508

It was suggested to ask a moderator of httpd-dev@ to approve one of
the Travis emails as way to fix this issue. I am not aware of who is a
moderator, but if anybody is I'd ask to follow up when possible :)

Thanks in advance,

Luca
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Travis CI failures

Daniel Gruno-2
On 08/12/2019 20.12, Luca Toscano wrote:

> Il giorno dom 1 dic 2019 alle ore 12:05 Luca Toscano
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
>> Travis seems not able to deliver emails to dev@, I opened a jira to
>> Infra: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19508
>
> It was suggested to ask a moderator of httpd-dev@ to approve one of
> the Travis emails as way to fix this issue. I am not aware of who is a
> moderator, but if anybody is I'd ask to follow up when possible :)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Luca
>

Looks like dev@httpd has to be verified somehow...I'll see what I can find.