Source problem

razat gupta
I am using apache 2.0.53 on red-hat linux.
We have integrated tomcat with apache for secuity concern and to access
the java code.
Suppose our url is like :

http://xyz.com/first/user/index.jsp

its fine but whenever , i try :
http://xyz.com/user/

it shows the source code of index.jsp

The problem occurs on browsers like opera and mozilla . But in IE its
working fine as it should do.

Please tell me the solution if anybody is aware of this.

Thanks in advance.

Razat.

mod_rewrite and anchors

Cristian Bichis
Hello!

I have the following problem. I create some rules with mod rewrite to mask
real path to files

        RewriteEngine on

        RewriteBase /

        #two parameters: language, page

        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteRule ^(.*)_(.*).htm$ index.php?lang=$1&page=$2

this will mask www.domain.com/index.php?lang=en&page=135  to
www.domain.com/en_137.htm

But i want to upgrade the rule to accept anchors... So to accept syntax as
www.domain.com/en_137.htm#demoanchor

I don't want to put anchor name in file name as
www.domain.com/en_137_demoanchor.htm  because the browser will request this
file from server one more again, even if before was requested
www.domain.com/en_137.htm.

I tried some rules, but none is working...

Cristian

Re: Source problem

Gene-22
Are the browsers properly Java enabled? Check the options for Mozilla.
You can enable / disable java and java scripts.

Gene

razat gupta wrote:

>I am using apache 2.0.53 on red-hat linux.
>We have integrated tomcat with apache for secuity concern and to access
>the java code.
>Suppose our url is like :
>
>http://xyz.com/first/user/index.jsp
>
>its fine but whenever , i try :
>http://xyz.com/user/
>
>it shows the source code of index.jsp
>
>The problem occurs on browsers like opera and mozilla . But in IE its
>working fine as it should do.
>
>Please tell me the solution if anybody is aware of this.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Razat.

>   "   from the digest: [hidden email]

Re: Source problem

Ivan Barrera A.
Gene wrote:
> Are the browsers properly Java enabled?

That doesn't matter, unless he is serving java applets. (or javascript)
He is using server side java servlets, so the java is run serverside.
Nothing to do with the client.

Now, why is IE showing correct content ? maybe that it is actually
running with client-java engine. Weird...

You should do as Dietmar says.

> Check the options for Mozilla.
> You can enable / disable java and java scripts.
>
> Gene
>
> razat gupta wrote:
>
>> I am using apache 2.0.53 on red-hat linux.
>> We have integrated tomcat with apache for secuity concern and to access
>> the java code.
>> Suppose our url is like :
>>
>> http://xyz.com/first/user/index.jsp
>>
>> its fine but whenever , i try :
>> http://xyz.com/user/
>>
>> it shows the source code of index.jsp
>>
>> The problem occurs on browsers like opera and mozilla . But in IE its
>> working fine as it should do.
>>
>> Please tell me the solution if anybody is aware of this.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Razat.

>>   "   from the digest: [hidden email]

>   "   from the digest: [hidden email]

Re: mod_rewrite and anchors

Joshua Slive
On 4/26/05, Cristian Bichis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But i want to upgrade the rule to accept anchors... So to accept syntax as
> www.domain.com/en_137.htm#demoanchor

This is entirely up to the client.  The client never sends the
"anchor" to the server, it resolves it itself locally.  You shouldn't
need any apache configuration.

Joshua.

Re: Source problem

Joshua Slive
On 4/26/05, Ivan Barrera A. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Gene wrote:
> > Are the browsers properly Java enabled?
>
> That doesn't matter, unless he is serving java applets. (or javascript)
> He is using server side java servlets, so the java is run serverside.
> Nothing to do with the client.
>
> Now, why is IE showing correct content ? maybe that it is actually
> running with client-java engine. Weird...

He probably means that non-IE browsers are showing the source code of
the html generated by the jsp.

In that case, the problem is that the jsp is sending the wrong Content-Type.

Joshua.

Re: Source problem

Ivan Barrera A.
Joshua Slive wrote:

> On 4/26/05, Ivan Barrera A. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Gene wrote:
>>
>>>Are the browsers properly Java enabled?
>>
>>That doesn't matter, unless he is serving java applets. (or javascript)
>>He is using server side java servlets, so the java is run serverside.
>>Nothing to do with the client.
>>
>>Now, why is IE showing correct content ? maybe that it is actually
>>running with client-java engine. Weird...
>

> He probably means that non-IE browsers are showing the source code of
> the html generated by the jsp.
>
> In that case, the problem is that the jsp is sending the wrong Content-Type.

Oh, yeah.. that too..
I didnt get that :)