Reg: Queue up connections in Apache Proxy 2.4.15

Reg: Queue up connections in Apache Proxy 2.4.15

Velmurugan Dhakshnamoorthy
Dear All,
I am using Apache 2.4.15 as a reverse proxy for back-end weblogic 12c.

My requirement is to queue up connections/requests in Apache when the back-end weblogic 12c server is overloaded and then release the connection when capacity is available.

is this possible to achieve in Apache 2.4 proxy?

Your input is much appreciated.

Apache 2.4.15 (proxy)
weblogic 12.1.3 (content server)
Red Hat Linux 7.2

Regards,
Vel

Re: Reg: Queue up connections in Apache Proxy 2.4.15

Eric Covener
On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 1:12 AM, Velmurugan Dhakshnamoorthy
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am using Apache 2.4.15 as a reverse proxy for back-end weblogic 12c.
>
> My requirement is to queue up connections/requests in Apache when the
> back-end weblogic 12c server is overloaded and then release the connection
> when capacity is available.
>
> is this possible to achieve in Apache 2.4 proxy?

Are you using mod_proxy or oracles plugin?  What's your configuration now?

Re: Reg: Queue up connections in Apache Proxy 2.4.15

Velmurugan Dhakshnamoorthy
Hi Eric,
I am using Oracle delivered  plugin.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am using Apache 2.4.15 as a reverse proxy for back-end weblogic 12c.
>
> My requirement is to queue up connections/requests in Apache when the
> back-end weblogic 12c server is overloaded and then release the connection
> when capacity is available.
>
> is this possible to achieve in Apache 2.4 proxy?

Are you using mod_proxy or oracles plugin?  What's your configuration now?

Re: Reg: Queue up connections in Apache Proxy 2.4.15

Eric Covener
On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Velmurugan Dhakshnamoorthy
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am using Oracle delivered  plugin.

I'd suggest asking Oracle rather than starting new threads here.

Re: Reg: Queue up connections in Apache Proxy 2.4.15

Velmurugan Dhakshnamoorthy
Ok,  thanks. but is there a way to achieve queuing  if I use mod_proxy.

I am performing POC,  hence trying different options,

Thanks
Vel

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am using Oracle delivered  plugin.

I'd suggest asking Oracle rather than starting new threads here.

Re: Reg: Queue up connections in Apache Proxy 2.4.15

Eric Covener
On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Velmurugan Dhakshnamoorthy
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok,  thanks. but is there a way to achieve queuing  if I use mod_proxy.

Look at the "acquire" option in the manual.

Re: Reg: Queue up connections in Apache Proxy 2.4.15

Velmurugan Dhakshnamoorthy
Hi,
I am trying to test holding the connections using 'acquire' parameter in 'proxypass' and even using 'balancemember' in mod_proxy by adjusting maxclients to 2, seems acquire does not work as expected with both prefork and worker mpm.

As per my understanding,  acquire should hold the connections when maximum connection reached until some persistent connection gets released?  right?

any advise on this issue?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok,  thanks. but is there a way to achieve queuing  if I use mod_proxy.

Look at the "acquire" option in the manual.

Re: Reg: Queue up connections in Apache Proxy 2.4.15

Velmurugan Dhakshnamoorthy
Hi,
Any idea,  why I am unable to use "acquire " parameter,  any other setting/configuration is required?