Reducing 503 errors

Mahmood Naderan
Hello

With the following MPM settings

<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
        ServerLimit           500
        StartServers               5
        MinSpareServers           5
        MaxSpareServers          10
        MaxRequestWorkers         500
        MaxConnectionsPerChild   0
</IfModule>

I would like to know how can I reduce the occurrence of 503 (service unavailable) error? Should I increase ServerLimit only? Or MaxRequestWorkers? Or increasing one and decreasing the other?

Regards,
Mahmood

Re: Reducing 503 errors

Holger Schramm
Am 10.07.20 um 08:47 schrieb Mahmood Naderan:

> Hello
>
> With the following MPM settings
>
> <IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
>          ServerLimit           500
>          StartServers               5
>          MinSpareServers           5
>          MaxSpareServers          10
>          MaxRequestWorkers         500
>          MaxConnectionsPerChild   0
> </IfModule>
>

> I would like to know how can I reduce the occurrence of 503 (service
> unavailable) error? Should I increase ServerLimit only? Or
> MaxRequestWorkers? Or increasing one and decreasing the other?

What says the error log on getting 503 errors? whats the purpose of the
server? high load server?

--
~Holger