RE: IPF porting of HTTP Server

Santosh Kurian

Hi,

Compiling the existing/available source code on a 64-bit platform (like HPUX
11iv2) does result in many 64-bit porting related warnings. This leads to
increasing suspicion that downloadable source code from the Apache site is
probably not ported to 64-bit.

Could any one help me with this?

Thanks,
Santosh K

Re: IPF porting of HTTP Server

Joshua Slive
On 4/26/05, Santosh Kurian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Compiling the existing/available source code on a 64-bit platform (like HPUX
> 11iv2) does result in many 64-bit porting related warnings. This leads to
> increasing suspicion that downloadable source code from the Apache site is
> probably not ported to 64-bit.
>
> Could any one help me with this?

As I said, it certainly does work on some 64-bit platforms.  That
doesn't mean it works on every 64-bit platform in the world.  I have
no idea about HPUX.

What exact help are you looking for?

Joshua.

RE: IPF porting of HTTP Server

Santosh Kurian
Hi,

I'm just looking for need some kind of clarification/confirmation about the
source code archive that is downloaded from the usual Apache site.
Basically, I'd like to know if this is the (only) available source code for
Apache 2.X, that is supposedly ported to 64-bit. If not, are there are other
informal (64-bit ported) source code archive sites you could point me to?

As mentioned before, I'm trying to port the existing source code to HPUX
(and other OS's) running on IPF, and the compilation on IPF is throwing up
quite a few serious porting related warnings. Hence the concern.

Thanks again,
Santosh

On 4/26/05, Santosh Kurian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Compiling the existing/available source code on a 64-bit platform (like
HPUX
> 11iv2) does result in many 64-bit porting related warnings. This leads to
> increasing suspicion that downloadable source code from the Apache site is
> probably not ported to 64-bit.
>
> Could any one help me with this?

As I said, it certainly does work on some 64-bit platforms.  That
doesn't mean it works on every 64-bit platform in the world.  I have
no idea about HPUX.

What exact help are you looking for?

Joshua.

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at [hidden email] and delete this mail.

Re: IPF porting of HTTP Server

Joshua Slive
On 4/26/05, Santosh Kurian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just looking for need some kind of clarification/confirmation about the
> source code archive that is downloaded from the usual Apache site.
> Basically, I'd like to know if this is the (only) available source code for
> Apache 2.X

Yes.