Install on RHEL 7 question

Nick Folino
I've been building and installing Apache httpd on RHEL 6 for years now.  My normal method is to configure and make in my development environment, then tar up the build directory, copy it to test, production etc.. untar it and run make install.

This has always worked fine for me.  Now with RHEL 7 I get an error:
   libtool:  error: error: relink 'libaprutil-1.la' with the above command before installing it

Is there any way I can still build this on a dev server and then copy and make install in other RHEL 7 environments?  All servers are identical.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Nick

Re: Install on RHEL 7 question

Nick Kew-3

> On 17 Aug 2020, at 16:16, Nick Folino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've been building and installing Apache httpd on RHEL 6 for years now.  My normal method is to configure and make in my development environment, then tar up the build directory, copy it to test, production etc.. untar it and run make install.

You mean, deploy as binaries without using RH's packaged version?

> This has always worked fine for me.  Now with RHEL 7 I get an error:
>    libtool:  error: error: relink 'libaprutil-1.la' with the above command before installing it

At a guess, the RHEL7 has a different APR version to what you built against: probably APR 2.
Either switch the APR version within the package manager, or include APR in what you
build yourself rather than use RH packages.

--
Nick Kew

Re: Install on RHEL 7 question

Nick Folino
We don't use any packages.  It's all built from source.  We download the latest apr and apr-util and add them to the source when we build.

I got it installed by removing the relink in libaprutil-1.la  Seems to work fine.  Is that a valid workaround?

Nick