How to use binary to run httpd in different location

How to use binary to run httpd in different location

Hemant Chaudhary
Hi

I have ported apache on my machine. I have copied bin,lib.conf,modules, htdocs,logs to another location. Now I want to run my apache in new location with these things only.
I changed path in httpd.conig and apachectl of new location, but while starting it is starting apache in old location.

For example :
I ported apache on /home/hemant ..
I copied bin,conf,logs,htdocs,modules to /home/rakesh and in httpd.config I replace all path of /home/hemant to /home/rakesh and changed port also. But when I am starting apache, it is only starting at /home/hemant.

Without again configure,make and make install can I use it another location ?

Thanks
Hemant

Re: How to use binary to run httpd in different location [wd-vc]

Bremser, Kurt (AMOS Austria GmbH)
You "only" need to create a new configuration subtree (conf, htdocs, cgi-bin, icons, images, logs) and run the httpd with the -f option that points to the new httpd.conf file.
In the conf file, adapt ServerRoot accordingly, and use absolute paths to the modules.
Make sure to run the envvars from the bin directory before you start httpd (it sets the necessary path env variables).

Kurt Bremser
Allianz Technology GmbH

Newton was wrong. There is no gravity. The Earth sucks.
I have ported apache on my machine. I have copied bin,lib.conf,modules, htdocs,logs to another location. Now I want to run my apache in new location with these things only.
I changed path in httpd.conig and apachectl of new location, but while starting it is starting apache in old location.

For example :
I ported apache on /home/hemant ..
I copied bin,conf,logs,htdocs,modules to /home/rakesh and in httpd.config I replace all path of /home/hemant to /home/rakesh and changed port also. But when I am starting apache, it is only starting at /home/hemant.

Without again configure,make and make install can I use it another location ?

Thanks
Hemant

Allianz Technology GmbH
1130 Wien, Hietzinger Kai 101-105
FN 365014k, Handelsgericht Wien
UID: ATU 66614737

http://www.allianz.at

Dieses E-Mail und allfaellig daran angeschlossene Anhaenge
enthalten Informationen, die vertraulich und
ausschliesslich fuer den (die) bezeichneten Adressaten
bestimmt sind.
Wenn Sie nicht der genannte Adressat sind, darf dieses
E-Mail samt allfaelliger Anhaenge von Ihnen weder anderen
Personen zugaenglich gemacht noch in anderer Weise
verwertet werden.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, bitten
wir Sie, dieses E-Mail und saemtliche angeschlossene
Anhaenge zu loeschen.

Please note: This email and any files transmitted with it is
intended only for the named recipients and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
the contents of this communication to others and notify the
sender immediately. Then please delete the email and any
copies of it. Thank you.

Re: How to use binary to run httpd in different location

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 5:21 AM, Hemant Chaudhary
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have ported apache on my machine. I have copied bin,lib.conf,modules,
> htdocs,logs to another location. Now I want to run my apache in new location
> with these things only.
> I changed path in httpd.conig and apachectl of new location, but while
> starting it is starting apache in old location.
>
> For example :
> I ported apache on /home/hemant ..
> I copied bin,conf,logs,htdocs,modules to /home/rakesh and in httpd.config I
> replace all path of /home/hemant to /home/rakesh and changed port also. But
> when I am starting apache, it is only starting at /home/hemant.

pass -d  /home/rakesh/... to apachectl?

Re: How to use binary to run httpd in different location

William A Rowe Jr
On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 6:24 AM, Eric Covener <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 5:21 AM, Hemant Chaudhary
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have ported apache on my machine. I have copied bin,lib.conf,modules,
>> htdocs,logs to another location. Now I want to run my apache in new location
>> with these things only.
>> I changed path in httpd.conig and apachectl of new location, but while
>> starting it is starting apache in old location.
>>
>> For example :
>> I ported apache on /home/hemant ..
>> I copied bin,conf,logs,htdocs,modules to /home/rakesh and in httpd.config I
>> replace all path of /home/hemant to /home/rakesh and changed port also. But
>> when I am starting apache, it is only starting at /home/hemant.
>
> pass -d  /home/rakesh/... to apachectl?

That would be the best case. It might also be necessary to flip the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the {httpd-dir}/lib directory so that all
of the linked libraries are loaded correctly.

Re: How to use binary to run httpd in different location

Hemant Chaudhary
Yes ./httpd -f location of config files works for me.

Thanks