Error: proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(90) failed in child

Error: proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(90) failed in child

Fred Tyler
I'm getting a lot of the following errors in my system logs:

[error] proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(90) failed in child 20394 for
worker http://localhost:83/

[error] proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(91) failed in child 20393 for
worker proxy:reverse

Anyone know where these could be coming from?

Thanks,
Fred

Re: Error: proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(90) failed in child

noodl
On 13/08/07, Fred Tyler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm getting a lot of the following errors in my system logs:
>
> [error] proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(90) failed in child 20394 for
> worker http://localhost:83/
>
> [error] proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(91) failed in child 20393 for
> worker proxy:reverse
>
> Anyone know where these could be coming from?

This is a bit of a guess, and probably wrong, but does stopping and
starting the server rather than restarting (they're different,
restarting (including gracefully) doesn't kill the master process)
help? As I understand it, there are issues in mod_proxy regarding the
scoreboard size when changes to the config are made between restarts.

Again, I'm probably miles off.

--
noodl

On 8/14/07, Fred Tyler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8/13/07, Vincent Bray <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 13/08/07, Fred Tyler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I'm getting a lot of the following errors in my system logs:
> > >
> > > [error] proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(90) failed in child 20394 for
> > > worker http://localhost:83/
> > >
> > > [error] proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(91) failed in child 20393 for
> > > worker proxy:reverse
> > >
> > > Anyone know where these could be coming from?
> >
> > This is a bit of a guess, and probably wrong, but does stopping and
> > starting the server rather than restarting (they're different,
> > restarting (including gracefully) doesn't kill the master process)
> > help? As I understand it, there are issues in mod_proxy regarding the
> > scoreboard size when changes to the config are made between restarts.
>
> Well, a flood of these do come in when I do 'apachectl graceful', but
> this is a production server, and I can't really be starting and
> stopping it whenever I make a configuration change, add/remove a
> vhost, or rotate the logs.

Ok, after a little more testing, I've found that if I stop/start the
server, then future graceful reloads do not result in errors in the
logs. I guess this is what you were implying, right?

Is there any way to know what specific configuration changes will
require a hard stop/start?

> Also, it does this even if I don't make any configuration changes at
> all. For example, I just went and did an 'apachectl graceful' without
> changing the config file, and it resulted in 159 of these lines
> appearing in the error log.
>
> These messages seem to be harmless, as I haven't had any user
> complaints about things running wrong, but it's a little
> disconcerting. Are these messages indeed harmless as the seem to be?
> (And if so, is there any way to get rid of them?)

Fwd: Error: proxy: ap_get_scoreboard_lb(90) failed in child

Fred Tyler