Differentiating between normal and redirect uri

Differentiating between normal and redirect uri

alchemist vk
Hi All,
  I have an requirement like, new uris needs to redirected to legacy uris.
 Fox ex: when uri foo/new arrives, it needs to redirected to foo/old and pass it to backend providers.

 I used below Rewrite rule to make this happen and its absolutely working fine.
<LocationMatch /foo/new>
      RewriteRule ^.*$    /foo/old   [E=RF_OAPI_REWRITE_URI:1,L]
</LocationMatch>

But I just wanted to know, how backend providers can able to differentiate between whether the incoming uri was , really /foo/old or /foo/new..
Do we have any environment variable or flag to check, its direct uri or redirected uri in apache headers ??

WR