Apache server offline

Elizmarié Louw
Good day,

I hope you are able to advise me on how to get our WAMPSERVER running again. I have included the Apache error log for today, in the hopes of it shedding some light on the matter.
We have been using this system for a number of years, and we haven't experienced many issues with it. To our knowledge, all was working perfectly on Friday and then this morning, the server would not start up.
(There had been power interruptions in the area over the weekend, and we assume that this might have been the cause of the issue.)

We are at our wits' end trying to figure out why the server has gone offline and refuses to start up again. (I have tried restarting the service a few times, with no luck...)

Looking forward to your favorable response.

Kind regards

Elizmarié Louw
Head of Administration
The Academy of Financial Markets
Tel: (011) 782 2868
Fax: (011) 782 2865
www.academyfm.co.za

Apache error log.txt (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Apache server offline

Lucien Gentis-4

Hello,

Maybe you already tried this, but I would try to restart the machine and see if there are no errors during startup (mainly disk I/O errors)

Le 18/03/2019 à 12:50, Elizmarié Louw a écrit :
[...]

Re[2]: [users@httpd] Apache server offline

Elizmarié Louw
Thanks Lucien,

I have tried restarting the machine a few times; each time it starts up perfectly without any errors. But when I try to access phpMyAdmin section, an error pops up that "The Apache HTTP server has encountered a problem and needs to close." The error log seems to keep duplicating the same feedback as well.

Still holding thumbs that someone out there might be able to help...

Kind regards

Elizmarié Louw
Head of Administration
The Academy of Financial Markets
Tel: (011) 782 2868
Fax: (011) 782 2865
www.academyfm.co.za

Re: Apache server offline

Lester Caine
On 19/03/2019 07:01, Elizmarié Louw wrote:
> I have tried restarting the machine a few times; each time it starts up
> perfectly without any errors. But when I try to access phpMyAdmin
> section, an error pops up that "The Apache HTTP server has encountered a
> problem and needs to close." The error log seems to keep duplicating the
> same feedback as well.
> Still holding thumbs that someone out there might be able to help...

The only error message you have in the log posted refers to 'buffer too
small' and seems to be related to 'www.hivmr.com' but that site is not
working. I've just been having fun with phpMyAdmin where the backup is
failing because PHP runs out of memory, so you should perhaps be loking
at the php logs rather than Apache ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Re[2]: [users@httpd] Apache server offline