Apache mod_autoindex and mod_deflate (gzip). Can't get pages compressed

Apache mod_autoindex and mod_deflate (gzip). Can't get pages compressed

Artem-3
Hi folks!

I come across with issue I can't fix. I have Apache/2.4.43 OpenSSL/1.1.1g
with mod_autoindex (showing directory listings instead of index.html) and
with mod_deflate.

I was able to get content gzipped, but only if they are files with
extensions (e.g. .css, .html, etc.) But when I want to get gzipped page
coming from mod_autoindex, I can't get it. E.g. https://domain.dom,
https://domain.dom/somedir/, https://domain.dom/test/, etc. These URLs comes
without Content-encoding: gzip header.

More details:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62942077/apache-mod-autoindex-and-mod-de
flate-gzip-cant-get-pages-compressed (I hope that external links are OK
here).

Please advise.

Thanks!

Art

RE: Apache mod_autoindex and mod_deflate (gzip). Can't get pages compressed

Artem-3
Hi all!

Is my email went to mail list successfully? I am just not sure. Thanks!

Art