Apache 2.4.12 to 2.4.26 upgrade on AIX 6.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Apache 2.4.12 to 2.4.26 upgrade on AIX 6.1

Deepak Kumar
Hi,
I am new to Apache on AIX. We have a system where Apache 2.4.12 has been installed on AIX 6.1. I need to upgrade it to latest 2.4.26. Looks like the previous install was an RPM based install.
I need some help with upgrading Apache.  

1. What is the best process to upgrade to Apache 2.4.26. Can I use compile method instead of RPM which I am familiar with?
2. If I download latest RPM's from IBM and install them, will it not overwrite the existing apache installation in /opt/freeware...
3. In Aix looks like apache install files will be in /opt/freeware under several different directories. /opt/freeware will also have non-apache related libs/files. How to take backups of previous install in these directories if I have to restore if new install fails.
4. Following is a list of RPM's that were previously installed. Based on this list can you let me know what all rpm's will be required for apache 2.4.26 upgrade?


Last installed RPM's list:

httpd-2.4.12-1                                
pcre-devel-8.36-1                             
pcre-8.36-1                                   
apr-util-1.5.4-1                              
apr-util-ldap-1.5.4-1                         
apr-1.5.1-1                                   
sqlite-devel-3.7.6.3-3                        
sqlite-3.7.6.3-3                              
openldap-devel-2.4.35-1                       
openldap-2.4.35-1                             
gdbm-devel-1.8.3-2                            
gdbm-1.10-1                                   
freetds-devel-0.92.79-1                       
freetds-0.92.79-1                             
gnutls-2.12.20-1                              
nettle-2.7-2                                  
gmp-5.1.3-1                                   
libtasn1-3.3-1                                
lzo-2.06-2                                    
p11-kit-0.14-1                                
libgcrypt-1.5.0-1                             
libgpg-error-1.10-3                           
unixODBC-devel-2.3.1-1                        
unixODBC-2.3.1-1                              
expat-devel-2.1.0-1                           
expat-2.1.0-1                                 
db-devel-4.8.24-4                             
db-4.8.24-4                                   
pkg-config-0.25-3                             
openssl-devel-1.0.1l-1                        
openssl-1.0.1l-1                              
AIX-rpm-6.1.8.15-3    

--
Thanks & Regards,
Deepak Kumar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Apache 2.4.12 to 2.4.26 upgrade on AIX 6.1

Eric Covener
On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Deepak Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to Apache on AIX. We have a system where Apache 2.4.12 has been
> installed on AIX 6.1. I need to upgrade it to latest 2.4.26. Looks like the
> previous install was an RPM based install.
> I need some help with upgrading Apache.
>
> 1. What is the best process to upgrade to Apache 2.4.26. Can I use compile
> method instead of RPM which I am familiar with?

You can build your own or use someone else's RPMs (IBM or the
third-party sites that produce AIX RPMS of OSS)

> 2. If I download latest RPM's from IBM and install them, will it not
> overwrite the existing apache installation in /opt/freeware...

Presumably

> 3. In Aix looks like apache install files will be in /opt/freeware under
> several different directories. /opt/freeware will also have non-apache
> related libs/files. How to take backups of previous install in these
> directories if I have to restore if new install fails.

This seems like overkill, but couldn't you just use tar?  All of the
OSS RPM's use /opt/freeware.

> 4. Following is a list of RPM's that were previously installed. Based on
> this list can you let me know what all rpm's will be required for apache
> 2.4.26 upgrade?

I doubt you will find this help from a peer, when rpm can tell you the
dependencies on your own system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Hide URL link of target

chris Chia@TCH
In reply to this post by Deepak Kumar

Hi

 

Very newbie question.

 

Is there a way to hide the URL link when hover over the link and also when browser is in the process of connecting to target site.

 

This is a legitimate reason to do so, though browsers may have disable such scenario.

 

Running Ubuntu and apache.

 

 

Thanks

 

 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Hide URL link of target

Gillis J. de Nijs
Hi Chris,

Displaying the URL when hovering over the link or loading the site is something your browser does, and not something Apache httpd has any control over.

Cheers,
Gillis

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Chris Chia <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

 

Very newbie question.

 

Is there a way to hide the URL link when hover over the link and also when browser is in the process of connecting to target site.

 

This is a legitimate reason to do so, though browsers may have disable such scenario.

 

Running Ubuntu and apache.

 

 

Thanks

 

 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

re: Hide URL link of target [wd-vc]

Bremser, Kurt (AMOS Austria GmbH)
In reply to this post by chris Chia@TCH
You can get some hints here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3108425/dont-want-to-show-address-in-the-status-bar-while-hovering-a-link
one of them being the use of javascript like this:
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="location.href='http://conglomo.co.nz/'">Conglomo</a>

But a look at the source code on the browser (you cannot block that from the server) will reveal the URL anyway.
Bottom line: only override the URL in the status bar if you want to put something _really useful_ there, otherwise let it display as usual.

Kurt Bremser
Allianz Technology GmbH

Newton was wrong. There is no gravity. The Earth sucks.
________________________________________
Von: Chris Chia [[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 1. August 2017 11:28
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: **SPAM?** [users@httpd] Hide URL link of target [wd-vc]

Hi

Very newbie question.

Is there a way to hide the URL link when hover over the link and also when browser is in the process of connecting to target site.

This is a legitimate reason to do so, though browsers may have disable such scenario.

Running Ubuntu and apache.


Thanks



Allianz Technology GmbH
1130 Wien, Hietzinger Kai 101-105
FN 365014k, Handelsgericht Wien
UID: ATU 66614737

http://www.allianz.at 

********************************************************
Dieses E-Mail und allfaellig daran angeschlossene Anhaenge
enthalten Informationen, die vertraulich und
ausschliesslich fuer den (die) bezeichneten Adressaten
bestimmt sind.
Wenn Sie nicht der genannte Adressat sind, darf dieses
E-Mail samt allfaelliger Anhaenge von Ihnen weder anderen
Personen zugaenglich gemacht noch in anderer Weise
verwertet werden.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, bitten
wir Sie, dieses E-Mail und saemtliche angeschlossene
Anhaenge zu loeschen.

Please note: This email and any files transmitted with it is
intended only for the named recipients and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
the contents of this communication to others and notify the
sender immediately. Then please delete the email and any
copies of it. Thank you.

********************************************************

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: Hide URL link of target

Berneburg, Cris J. - US
In reply to this post by Gillis J. de Nijs

Chris

 

Chris Chia wrote:

 

Chris> Is there a way to hide the URL link when hover over the link

Chris> and also when browser is in the process of connecting to target site.

 

Gillis J. de Nijs replied:

 

Gillis> Displaying the URL when hovering over the link or loading

Gillis> the site is something your browser does, and not something

Gillis> Apache httpd has any control over.

 

Good point.  :-)

 

It is possible code all links to call JavaScript to submit forms.  Therefore, each link would require it's own form, and each link would in effect be a POST and not a GET.  Hovering the mouse over a link would not show the URL in the bubble or status bar.

 

Kurt Bremser also replied:

 

Kurt> a look at the source code on the browser (you cannot

Kurt> block that from the server) will reveal the URL anyway

 

Also a good point.  :-)

 

It might be possible to encode the URL's in the forms in some way to hide the values, but they could still be decoded by a determined person.

 

--

Cris Berneburg

CACI Lead Software Engineer

 

Loading...