2.4.27 installed, no con fig change, but web site down!

2.4.27 installed, no con fig change, but web site down!

Tom Browder
I installed 2.4.27, along with the latest openssl. no config was changed, but my server isn't serving.

I show no errors in the error log.

I will try to go back to previous versions to see if I can recover, but wonder if anyone can guess what has happened.

Thanks.

-Tom

Re: 2.4.27 installed, no con fig change, but web site down!

Luca Toscano
Hi Tom,

I installed 2.4.27, along with the latest openssl. no config was changed, but my server isn't serving.

I show no errors in the error log.

I will try to go back to previous versions to see if I can recover, but wonder if anyone can guess what has happened.

you'd need to provide more info to get help, your description is really generic. For example:

1) What was the previous version of httpd and openssl?
2) How did you upgrade? Was it manually or via distribution upgrade? Did you test it before?
3) What do you mean with "my server isn't serving" ? Are requests timing out? Are they returning 503s? Are all of them failing or only some of them?
4) What is your httpd configuration?

I could go ahead with other questions but you have probably got what we'd need to help :)

Thanks!

Luca

Re: 2.4.27 installed, no con fig change, but web site down!

Tom Browder
On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 02:20 Luca Toscano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Tom,

I installed 2.4.27, along with the latest openssl. no config was changed, but my server isn't serving.

Thanks, I know that I didn't give much info, I was just hoping for some hint.

But I finally got all working again: I found I had shut down http/https when installing webmin. I suspected that early on, and thought I had turned them on again; but I hadn't done it properly and didn't discover that until this morning.

Best regards,

-Tom